Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What I have been doing . . .

So with all four of my kids in school this year (Toothsome #4 started Kindergarten), many of my friends have been asking me what I have been doing with my "extra" time.

First, it isn't full day Kindergarten, so there isn't a ton of extra time.  I'm not complaining because I am having a slight identity crisis about not being a mom of young kids anymore.  Having Toothsome #4 home in the afternoon is just fine with me.  

Second, spending a ton of money.  The start of the school year means new school clothes, shoes (see Toothsome #4 modeling her new very sparkly ones), school fees, school picture fees, PTA donations, etc.

Third, PTA.  Below you can see Toothsome #4's back during our annual Fun Run.  I am learning that PTA is very busy at the start of the school year.  I have been told it becomes less busy as the year progresses.  I am not complaining because our PTA President leads by example and seems to do 3 times as much work as the rest of us.  Also, being on PTA means I really know what is going on at my kid's school and that has a ton of rewards.  


Fourth, I have been weeding and recovering our flower beds.  Being out of town most of August means that my beds became a mess.  I must say, once again, planting sunflowers per Toothsome #3's request is one of my favorite things in my garden.  This year, we even harvested the seeds.  


Fifth, recovering my house from summer.  Notice there is no picture because as much I really don't mind letting people know my faults, I would prefer not to completely embarrass myself by showing the condition my house got this summer.  Glad to say, daily things are improving and I might let you in the front door by October 1st.

Sixth, listening to a ton of Dr. Laura.  I clean my house listening to Dr. Laura.  I paid the annual fee to become a Dr. Laura Plus member and I can pull her up on my iphone at will.  Oh how I love my three hour dose of Dr. Laura.  

Seventh, stressing way too much about politics.  Sadly, every two years this happens to me.  It doesn't have to be a presidential election year to get my political angst going and this year has been a real dozy.  I may need to never go on facebook or watch any news until 2013.  

What I am not doing is reading much, which is very sad because it is good for my soul.  But so is a clean house, a well-weeded garden, serving others through the PTA, serving my kids by putting most of effort towards them, and laying on the sofa at night with Dentist Husband and watching brainless TV.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the PTA. I'm swamped. But I won't be all year. I don't know how I would react to that table art. It comes off, right?

Kari said...

Hi, Janice--I just caught up on a couple of posts. What a great table to come home to! I would have done what you did: take pictures, give myself 2or 3 days with it, then wash it all off! ha.

Sunflowers are so happy. Good request by your little one!

And...albinism. I don't know much about that, but you have piqued my interest. :) I'll have to google it.