Friday, January 26, 2007

Things That have Gotten Me Through

I had my fourth child (toothsome #4) three months ago and as I was drinking my Sonic Drive Thur's, Route 44, I thought I would document things that have helped me survive the sleep deprived and busy life I have been living ever since.

1. A Route 44 Diet Coke with Fresh Lime from Sonic Drive -Thru. 44 ounces of caffeine infused deliciousness.

2. Barbacoa Restaurant: A local Mexican restaurant, very similar to Chipotle, that is close to our house, tasty and healthy. All my kids love it and we seem to eat there about twice a week since toothsome #4 was born.

3. Dentist husband, who has been wonderful in watching and getting up in the middle of the night with Toothsomes 1, 2, and 3 so I can get a little more sleep.

4. Regular phone calls to my friend Diane I. She is a friend from elementary school who I talk to several times a day. I look forward to the daily fun she infuses into my life.

5. All children's TV programing--Wiggles in particular. This occupies toothsome #3 while I try and sneak in a nap or at the very least, keeps in him in one place so I can cuddle and hold him and know he is not destroying another part of the house.

6. Toothsomes 1, 2 and 3 who usually play nicely together, so I can nurse undisturbed and give my new little one some special Mom time.

7. My Roomba: My robot vacuum that vacuums for me while I clean and manage other parts of my life. It has changed my life so much, I am buying another one.

8. Hot baths: At the end of the day, there is nothing better than climbing into a hot tub with a good book.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

I am still jealous of your Roomba. And that Toothsomes 1,2, and 3 play nicely together!