Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sometimes I Pay Full Price for Hannah Anderson

The Hannah Anderson catalogue arrived at my house a few days ago. I rarely look at them anymore because we are trying to not spend money and I usually only buy things unless they are on sale. Thus, some of the strange things I come up with for dinner because shredded cabbage was on sale and it is good for us, so I had to buy it and make everyone eat it.
For some reason, dentist husband . . . (who, by the way, is my only husband. A friend pointed out that it makes him sound like one of many, like I have a dentist husband, lawyer husband, truck driver husband, Wal-Mart greeter husband, etc.) . . . was looking at the catalogue and said, "If someone was designing an outfit for you, this would be it." And, looking at it, he was right. I have this thing for stripes. I love them. I love navy and white. Most of the skirts I own are flared and short (since I am barely 5'3", long skirts make me look like I am standing in a hole). So he looked at me and said, "I know what you are thinking, go ahead and buy it, even if it is not on sale."
What a generous, wonderful man! The entire outfit (with the exception of the shoes since I already own some cute navy ones that will match perfectly) are ordered and on their way.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet of him to 1-notice that that outfit is totally your style, and 2- tell you to go ahead and buy it.

Gabriela said...

Love your long skirt description.

That skirt is SO cute. Horizontal stripes and I aren't the best of friends-I like them, but they do bad things to me. :(

Carrie said...

Nice husband; that scores big points. And I think we will all want a follow up photo of you in the actual outfit when it arrives....with the navy shoes.

ash said...

I saw this outfit in the catalog and liked it. This was a great story. This looks like a perfect outfit for spring/summer. Enjoy!

love.boxes said...

This will be so pretty on you!

sara said...

i even thought for a split second that was a picture of you... does anyone else see a small resemblance to janice? i mean, she's no bridgette sampras, but still...

cute blonde lady, holding a baby? it could be you.

Janice said...

Sara you make me laugh. Thanks.

Michelle said...

See, now that is much better than chocolate on Valentine's Day!

Lisa Christine said...

I want that outfit!!! Adorable!!