Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving at "Home".

For Thanksgiving this year, Dentist husband and I decided it was time for me to go "home"--Boulder, CO where I was raised for the holiday.  We haven't spent a Thanksgiving there since Dentist Husband was in dental school and it has been three years since we as a family have been there.  After this visit, we all realized that it had been way too long.  Boulder is too great of a city to not visit often.  My DNA recognizes it as home and thankfully, my parents still live there in the house I was raised in.  (FYI:  I see my parents about 3 times a year, but for various reasons, it hasn't been in CO in recent years.)  


Here we are on Pearl Street--a famous outdoor walking mall.  

Toothsome #1 in front of the house I was raised in.  My parents still live there.  

The tire swing in the back yard.  I was lucky enough to be raised with a beautiful very private backyard. Growing up I spent hours on this tire swing.  So fun to see my kids doing the same.  

Silly picture taken in the front room of my house.


Me with my parents.  I am the youngest and closet sibling to me is 4 1/2 years older.  I spent a lot of "alone" time with them growing up.  I love and adore them.  


Toothsome #2 with her name sakes.  Her first name is my mom's and her middle name is my Dad's.  


While on Pearl Street, my husband saw this University of Colorado shirt on a mannequin and spontaneously purchased it for me.  The University of Colorado is in Boulder, CO and I was raised watching their games.  They even were National Champions in football my senior year in high school.   Go Buffs!    

4 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great Thanksgiving! We were supposed to go "home" to Denver, but the snow storm hit us really hard and we couldn't see a safe way to go. I'm glad you had a nice time.

Unknown said...

Sweet post :)

ash said...

This looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving (and good weather too!)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

There's nothing like going home, is there? Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!