Monday, March 29, 2010

Family in Town=Happy Chaos

Once a year, my brother and his family come into town for a ski vacation. We live very close to the ski resorts and our house has become the perfect ski house for visitors. Most of my brother's kids (he has four) are older than my kids, but his youngest is the same age as my oldest. We love having them visit--great company, many meals eaten out, many intense rounds of Speed Scrabble and 12 Eggs and other such activities. There is also a lot of wrestling that goes on. All of us love a good family wrestling event and we all end up in piles on top of each other at some point. (Yes, our age range is from ages 3-50 and we are fine with that.)
So, it is currently chaos around here but it is happy chaos. On their next visit, our basement will be done and there will be no stuff in our front room but really, none of us has minded. It is being together that matters. Oh and beating my Yale-educated brother in Speed Scrabble matters too.
And in other news, Toothsome #2 got her first of many series of braces on her teeth. Since she is my easiest child (thank you toothsome #2) there has not been one complaint made from her. What a trooper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Janice, post another comment. One comment 1 chance and if you follow me another comment another chance :) I don't want you to miss it :)

Unknown said...

I love when they wrestle....Funny when they get feet in the face LOL
My kids always do that to Russ.

Michelle said...

Looks like fun! I have minute to respond to your comment on my silhouettes. I would love to do your family! Email me and we can see what we can work out. wmfw@msn.com