Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Salmon Side

I am not sure this picture makes it look yummy or not but it was super tasty.

About once a week, I make salmon for dinner. My current recipe is baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes on a cookie sheet, skin side down. Rub a little liquid smoke onto the salmon, salt and pepper. That is it. So easy and so yummy.

Last night, I wanted a little something more with it, so I made this side. You can put it on top of the salmon once it is cooked or just put a spoonful on your plate and scoop a little on your fork while eating the salmon. Super yummy and very well received.

Almond/Walnut Salmon Topping:

1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped almonds
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1 Tablespoon to 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
A sprinkle of poppy seeds
A sprinkle of dill (more than the poppy seeds but not much)
A sprinkle of coriander

Mix well.

No comments: