Monday, September 6, 2010

When at Bear Lake I recommend . . .

When at Bear Lake, I recommend . . .

Staying at one of the Bear Family Haven houses.  We stayed at Mama Bear and it was absolutely lovely.  One of my favorite things about it was the huge grassy play area with a playset and horse swing.  My kids played for hours and Dentist husband and I talked.  It is also walking distance from a great "beach" access and most of the tasty food areas.

Watch a show at the Pickleville Playhouse.  I am always looking for ways to expose to my kids to culture in a family friendly environment.  This place is perfect for it.  We saw their "Crazy for You" and it was excellent.  Most of their performers are from the Utah State University theatre department and it ended up being a really fun night.

Eating at Cafe Sabor.  This honestly is some of the best Mexican food I have had in a long time.

Visiting the Minnetonka Caves.  Worth the $7 adult and $5 child fee.  Wear warm clothes because the tour lasts an hour and 1/2 and the cave temperature is 40 degrees.  My whole family loved it and say yes to the tour guide when he offers to do the "Iron Rod" tour part.  So fun.

Visiting the Paris Canyon Ice Caves.   We were there in September and yes, there was still a lot of ice in the cave.   This is free and my kids had a great time climbing around.  I wish I had thought ahead because I was wearing flip flops and I couldn't really join them much.  Next time . . .

Get fresh raspberry shakes at Bear Lake Pizza Co.   Yes, we tried various shake places while we were there and decided this place has the best shakes.  Sorry La Beaus, you are still great but came in 2nd.  

If none of this makes sense to you, check out the Bear Lake web-site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I haven't been to Bear Lake in ages.

Britt said...

I'm going to file this away. It sounds really fun!