Monday, October 31, 2011

12th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest/Wassail Party

This post has a lot of pictures, for which I apologize but this is a favorite family party and many were missing this year, so I am posting for them.  (You know your husband comes from a large family, when you say out loud, "There will only be 17 coming this year.  Yea, I know.  It's sad how small this party is this year."  

Here is Toothsome #4 with some of her decorations for the party.

 This one is harder to see, but there is a face made of streamers on the glass.
 My cute nephew hanging out and eating rice cereal.  
 The carving had begun.
 The boys table.
 My brother in law, whose wife had a baby about two weeks before, showed up late.  It was great to have him there.  (He doesn't look too exhausted for a new dad.)
 Cute nephew again.

 All of the nieces and nephews singing, "Ghost of Tam" 
 Toothsome #4 with her pumpkin.  Toothsome #1 actually carved it for her and she added the sharpie herself.  (He and she had worked on her face together for about 1/2 hour earlier in the day.) 
 This ended up winning, "Best Overall"--done by my oldest nephew.

The Pumpkins:









Once again, a great party.  

1 comment:

jo said...

Once again, a success! I love all the photos. The pumpkins were outstanding this year as usual.

Thanks for posting! We so miss it every year.