Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Break

It was Fall Break around these parts, which means, we head to California.    

The place we stay has pin ball.  Dentist Husband and I both love pin ball.  Thus, my kids love pin ball.


Playing ping pong with Toothsome #4 gave me a great work out in that she missed on average 4/5 balls.  :)


Every night, we went to our favorite Chipotle (on Balboa) for dinner.  It was warm enough two of the nights to eat outside.  After long days at beach, sitting outside with my family eating burritos and people watching was wonderful.  


We also ate at Rubys at the end of the pier on Balboa.   
Sea Lions, people catching fish and general people watching.


After dinner, even though they were fully clothed and it was cold and rainy, my kids all got in the water.  It was awesome.




 At the beach . . .


 Making a raft out of drift wood and using his scout lashing skills.  
 These are somewhat hard to see (because the water was cold and I was a wimp and didn't get close enough) but Toothsome #4 was on Dentist Husband's back.  She would stand in the water and wait for him to come close on the boogie board.  She would then jump on his back and finish the ride with him.  It was so fun to watch.  





One of our best trips yet.

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a great trip, Janice!! I'm salivating--I'd give my right arm to go back to CA. (Well, not really, but you know what I mean.) I'm looking at your kids in the water, though, and I'm shi-i-i-vering! Kids must have no body thermometers. I'm glad you posted pictures. :)