Thursday, October 11, 2012

October the most glorious of months is here!

I pretty much live the rest of the 11 months of the year, looking forward to the month of October.  Below, are some picture highlights.

My spunky, white-haired, non-albino youngest child was born in October.  It was a magical time in our family when she came into lives.  Notice my "Halloween" table in the background.  I treat Halloween like most people treat Christmas when it comes to decorating.  

 Every October 1st, I pull out these Halloween classic videos and we watch them all month together as a family.  Escape to Witch Mountain still creeps me out.  

The annual painting of "the ghosts" on our Halloween window.  


Dentist Husband always puts the rest of us to shame.  




We use these plates for every meal.  Even if I get take out, I insist, we put it on these plates. 

Unrelated, just something that did happen this October, Toothsome #4 joined the "glasses buddies" in our house.  And, I just found out Toothsome #2 needs them too.  If you are counting, that makes 5/6 of us being glasses wearers.  


And, if you are looking for a good October read, Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories is a new, wonderful discovery of mine.  Highly recommend.  

2 comments:

Kari said...

Roald Dahl is a creative genius. The Ghost Stories sounds like a book I need to check out.

I'm chuckling at "decorating at Halloween like most people do at Christmas." I do go into AC Moore and ooh and aah at all their wonderful Halloween decorations. You could really go to town with those.

AND I feel your pain with imperfect eyes...4 of the 5 of us use glasses and/or contacts.

I really love October, too (not Halloween...just October)! Happy Best Month to you! :)

Jeanne said...

One of the scariest movies from my childhood, Watcher in the Woods. And something Wicked This Way comes. You should get those for when your kids are older.