Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Movie recommendation


My husband and I rented this, this weekend and holy crap, I am still thinking about how scary this film is. No, not in the Halloween scary but in the "does a nation that believes in free speech really allow things like this to happen" scary. It proves that in the university type setting, where they claim they are the bastion of free thought, it is just the opposite.
This is a must watch. I've included the the Amazon write up below but it doesn't really give the movie justice.
"Big science has expelled smart new ideas from the classroom ... What they forgot is that every generation has its Rebel! That rebel, Ben Stein (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) travels the world on his quest, and learns an awe-inspiring truth … that educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the crime of merely believing that there might be evidence of design in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance. To which Ben Says: Enough! And then gets busy. NOBODY messes with Ben."

3 comments:

The Donald said...

Ben Stein is the man. Did you know he also was a speech writer for Nixon and Ford?

I have heard of this flick, and really need to check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

Elisa said...

I really want to see this! Thanks for the review!

love.boxes said...

I was thinking of getting this for my Dad for Christmas.. Thanks for the review!