Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We bought a MAC--gulp.

My PC died and after consulting many people, we made the switch and hopefully, by Tuesday of next week, we will be MAC owners. I haven't officially used a MAC since I was about 14 but everyone tells me the switch will be painless and I won't regret it.

At this point, I just want any computer working in my house. I have lived without internet now for over a week. I didn't realize how much I use it until it was gone. I can't renew library books, I can't check bank balances, I can't see what is going on in Facebook or read friends blogs. I have even struggled to make dinner, since most of my recipes were on my computer. The nice people at my computer fix it place have been able to recover most of my files, thankfully.

So, anyway, I will be back to real internet life next week. Until then, I might be able to sneak one or two more small visits at my husband's office--maybe. On a positive note, I am amazed how much housework has gotten done without internet. Hmmm.

11 comments:

EMPTY NESTERS said...

You will not regret your MAC. I've had both and the only thing I miss is Family History PAF. Even that was put on with a program that allows me to work on MIcrosoft. Your iphoto and Pages are great programs. Enjoy!! Laura

Jane Anne said...

When our pc dies, we're getting a MAC

Carrie said...

I love, love, love my Macbook! In fact, we love this Mac so much that when our PC died we got another Mac. We're never going back! Have fun with it. The classes at the Mac store are quite helpful, too.

Alissa said...

Ryan has been an Apple person for about 20 years, and my conversion was a pre-req for marriage. They really are great: intuitive and user friendly. Plus, they work well with facebook!

Michelle said...

I wondered what happened to you! Read anything good lately?

Britt said...

I LOVE my Mac. Sometimes when I'm using it, I want to lean over the kiss it!!!

Gabriela said...

wow-lots of MAC lovers. My mom has one and loves it-we are still PC people for now.

It is such an awful feeling to lose your computer.

I've been without internet all week (crossing my fingers it doesn't cut out any second) and it is such an isolating feeling!

Anonymous said...

There you go, look on the bright side. Clean house--no internet. It's a trade off.

kel said...

nice choice. plus now you'll be able to edit your film fest entry (among many other things) right at home.

Lisa said...

so, where do you go for computer help/fix problems?

Todd said...

You had quite a run out of that old $200 Dell! The Mac will be night and day from the slowness you are used to. Have fun!