Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dessert--Bars Cut Up

Everyone knows when you marry into a family, you each bring "family" things into the marriage. One of my favorite Dentist husband contributions to our marriage is "Bars Cut Up"
The story goes that my mother-in-law had two candy bars but many children (there are nine total but I don't know how many were in the family when she started this). Anyway, she cut up the two candy bars, up them on a plate and served them as dessert. Wala!

I can't tell you how much fun Bars Cut Up can be. Sometimes I let the kids each pick a candy bar and sometimes I just buy whatever is on sale. I honestly think there is some beauty in seeing the various types of candy bars cut so you can see the various strata of chocolate, caramel, nuts, etc. We all sample the various types. It is so fun and so easy. Try this in your house. I promise, you'll do it once and then decide to do it many times after.

2 comments:

Britt said...

This is a great idea.

And I love your blue door. What a gorgeous house.

ash said...

I don't think one can appreciate the goodness of bars cut up unless they try it themselves, otherwise the idea sounds a little underwhelming. I'm surely going to use this dessert in my house.