Friday, January 20, 2012

Aerobie Fun at the Park

Yesterday, after my kids came home from school, I said, "Tomorrow, we are going to the park whether it is to sled (if there was snow) or just play.  But go to the park, we will."

I planned on reading my current book, "The Jungle Books" by Rudyard Kipling while my kid's played but then I remembered my word of the year and decided to join my kids.  

Toothsome #1 and I started playing "Playset Aerobie".  He climbed all around the playset and I tried to hit him while he tried to catch it.  In turn, when he threw it, I had stay in one place, (where the Aerobie landed previously) while he tried to land the Aerobie over my face and into my neck. Below, he is demonstrating the goal.
 Trying to take a picture of us together with my iphone.

 He was getting ready to throw the Aerobie at me when I took this picture. 
 Meanwhile, my other kids climbed up these trees.  If you look closely, you can see them.  



Great Aerobie fun.  Way better than a traditional frisbee.

It almost made me forget how upset I am by the lack of snow this year.

BTW:  Last night, I hosted my book club.  We read, "A Town Like Alice" by Nevil Shute.  Wonderful book and wonderful discussion.  And, the Kneaders, Raspberry Bread pudding with their vanilla sauce was awesome too. 

1 comment:

jennie said...

It's so crazy to think of UT with out snow this time of year. Looks like you had fun anyway though. --I liked A Town Like Alice too!