Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Few Confessions . . .

It is the New Year and I always do make New Year's Resolutions.  I'm not super "intense" with them but I do make them.  But before I list them, I must confess a few things.

First, I married "up".  Daily I think, "How did I get this man to marry me?"  I haven't made a regular dinner in months, 1/2 the time my head is buried in a book, the house is rarely completely clean (there is always one spot that is perfect, in that every day, I tackle one area completely) and I am way too serious for my own good.  We have been married for 14 years this past December.  Thank goodness that cute dental student asked me out 16 years ago.  


After making fun of this Sock Exchange prize, I wear it almost daily.  Honestly, it is so comfortable and the weight of it is just perfect.  I am not ready to wear it in public yet (as I accidently did with my slippers  at Costa Vida last week) but honestly, I love this thing.


In December, I take a break from my normal reading fare and only read Christmas-themed romance novels.  I don't have much time in December to read and light, fluffy, romance novels is about all my brain can take.  Well this year, I discovered Robyn Carr (I read one of her Christmas themed books at the start of the month) and I have been reading the whole "Virgin River" series since.  I think I have about 4 books left (it is a long series--18 books) and I have loved them.  But, there are always about 10 pages that are not just "romance" but go beyond that.  I skip/skim those parts but even then, they are pretty smutty and blush worthy.  And, I am married woman . . .

Anyway, I apologize to all my Good Reads friends for my book choices in December.  I did read "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens too but honestly, I have been trapped in Virgin River.  I'm almost done then I will go back to normal reading.  I am hoping to finish reading all of Dickens' works in 2012.

My goals:

1.  Eat out less, which means cooking dinner more.
2.  Exercise at least three days a week, preferably four.
3.  Read the the whole Book of Mormon this year.  We are also doing this as our one family goal.  As part of my goal, I plan on reading the Book of Mormon every day.
4.  Be on top of my kid's piano practicing, reading and math facts.  
5.  Cleaner house, which means less book time.  (Which I am fine with, I promise.) 


7 comments:

Alissa said...

:)

David said...

happy new year J!

Janice said...

Thanks David!

ash said...

Love the holiday posts. Thanks for the coverage of the events. I, too, cannot get enough of the Forever Lazy.

Kari said...

Janice, are you a speed-reader? I am in awe of the volumes of volumes you read! I couldn't read that much if I really DID ignore my house and kids 24-7!!??!!!!?!?

(OK, the Harry Potter series had me hooked...took them everywhere with me...) But really. I think you must read faster than the average Josephine. :)

Kari said...

Hi again...I will admit that I was watching the stressed moms on the cruise with preschoolers and babies. I felt pity, and a wave of relief that it wasn't me! Lots of people and overstimulation--led to meltdowns at dinnertime, etc. Just too much for a little one to handle very well.

Britt said...

I'm impressed with these resolutions. YOU'RE impressive.