Monday, January 2, 2012

Film Festival

The last Dentist Husband family event at our house was our annual Film Festival.  

(Let me be clear, when we built this house, we had in mind being able to host many Dentist Husband extended family events.  I love hosting his family and my family.  So it is a great pleasure to be able to be the house that everyone comes to.) 


The "movie style" candy.  I went a little overboard this year but most of it was 10 for $10 at our local grocery store.

The popcorn

The furniture moved for theatre seating.

The start of the event.  
Let me point out, Dentist Husband worked a full week and came home to a house full of his family.   He threw on a t-shirt over his scrubs and then started the event.

The "Oscar" made by my father-in-law.  As you can see, it is made of bills and change.  I think it totals about $50.  

After watching all of the movies, my father-in-law and his wife decide the winner.  

Below is the reaction of my sister-in-law and her husband after hearing they had won this year.  They deserved it.  It really was a great film.




I found this on my camera and had to laugh.  I was taking a picture of my husband and the Honey Baked Ham and ibuprofen made it in the picture.  The Honey Baked Ham became a running joke this Christmas because I brought it out whenever people came over.  My brother in law threatened to carve the date in it, so I wouldn't bring it out next year.  And, with all of the late nights we have had with family, the ibuprofen became a staple for me and Dentist Husband.  


And, when you host the "Sock Exchange", sometimes people leave their winnings at your house unnoticed.  This was discovered on our basement toilet seat.  


It was a great holiday season.  Welcome 2012.  

1 comment:

jennie said...

Your family looks like alot of fun!