Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Facebook

Ok, I have discovered another time waster and I don't need anymore. For months, I have had friends tell me to join Facebook. I always laughed and said, "No way! I have no time for another Internet thing." Goodreads, e-mail, blogging, people.com, Perez Hilton as well as Glen Beck, Dr. Laura, KSL and Rush Limbaugh take up plenty of my time.

Well, today, I got another invite to join a community from my BYU days. I couldn't resist and I joined Facebook. My plans to get my house back into order? Totally frustrated! Why? Because today I spent more time than I want to admit, finding names on Facebook that I haven't thought about in years. YEARS! It has been so fun but so time wasting I can hardly come to terms with it. So, now I have to give myself time limits on the computer. I think this is the only way to still be a responsible wife and mother and have some fun on-line. But, just so I don't come across as a total loser, I did make dinner tonight, cleaned my butler's pantry, took my son to soccer, started reading three different books, read with two kids, handled a bunch of stuff relating to my husband's car accident, did some work at Dentist husband's office and wiped off my kitchen counters several times. I need to go vacuum. My roomba can only do one room at a time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now why would you start THREE books in one day? Can't you just start one book, read one book, finish one book, and then move on?

Gabriela said...

I have yet to join, but do get the enticing emails often.

Sounds like you got quite a bit besides your new hobby-I wouldn't be so hard on yourself! :)

I LOVE the pic of your four kids in bed-so cute. total keeper!

Elisa said...

I just joined facebook too. I was a little skeptical-- it sort of felt like I had a dirty little secret...

{{leans in to whisper}} It's sort of fun ! (shh don't tell!)

The Donald said...

I have facebook as well as a Myspace page. Although I am really digging facebook. I have found a lot of people on there that I haven't talked to in ages. Feel free to look me up and shoot off a friend request.

Not to mention half of our ward is on facebook. And not just the youngins' either. There are a lot of the middle agers on there too!

I have told Lisa to get one since she dumped her Myspace page, and find people who she went to BYU with in 1999, as well as her HS friends that she had on Myspace.

Glad to see that your radio listening schedule is right on par with mine. Well, I would replace Dr. Grumpypants with Laura Ingraham. Dr. Grumpy gets on my nerves.

ash said...

What apps do you use? Just kidding. I have yet to sign up, but I know that everyone who does enjoys it. Have fun catching up with old friends.

Janell said...

I haven't really gotten into facebook yet, but am wanting to look up some friends from BYU ...