Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost there

Starting on Thanksgiving day, I put aside all serious book reading and enjoy Christmas-themed romance novels. No, not sex novels but just romantic fall in love around Christmas time novels.

I've read some pretty intense stuff recently and I am looking forward to break from the intensity. Which is not to say that I haven't enjoyed or learned from the intense stuff I have read. But, I am needing a break from the realities of WWII, struggling farmers, the battles of the American revolution, abused children and selfish, mean people. The fluff starts on Thursday. I am really looking forward to it.

**If you need to find Christmas romance novels, I just type in Christmas novels in my libraries' search engine and see what comes up. I discovered some great stuff. My favorite from last year was "Christmas Wishes" but I can't remember the author.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I really like this, and think that I will be joining you this holiday season! I usually read "The Secret Santa" on Thanksgiving (its only200 pgs) you would enjoy that one!

Jane Anne said...

Is Christmas Wishes by Debbie Macomber? Secret Santa is wonderful.