Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Glad I Did It

I was not going to exercise this morning and I had convinced myself I was not going to feel guilty about it.  It is OK to miss doing it.  I woke up tired and grumpy and even announced out loud that "I am NOT going to exercise!"  

I took an extra long shower, put on make-up and headed out the door to do errands.  Everywhere I looked, there were people exercising.  While at the bus stop, my cute neighbor (Hi Lisa) came over to my car in her exercise clothes to chat.  Standing in line at the post office, there were people in their exercise clothes.  I almost hit some poor lady pushing an exercise stroller up a very steep hill.  Still, I was NOT going to exercise.  I walked in the door and turned on the TV and Jennifer Lopez was talking to Rachael Ray about being fit.  "Universe, stop talking to me !  I don't want to hear it!"  

But, I did hear it.  So I succoumbed.  I got on my exercise bike and just did it.  It is now almost 12:00 here and once again, I need to get into the shower and get ready for the day but I did it. Did I enjoy doing it? No.  Did I grumble under my breath while doing it?  Yes.  Am I mad at the universe for guilting me into doing it?  Yes.  Am I glad I did it?  A very begrudging,  yes.  

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel just the same! I have started runnning or roller-blading this month. I hate running. But I do feel better. Oh, and I never made it out of the exercise clothes today. Tomorrow is a new day right?

Lisa Christine said...

Woohoo!!! Isn't it the best feeling afterwards!?

jo said...

If only I could share such a story. I always succumb to the urge not to exercise. You're light years ahead of me.

love.boxes said...

Good for you! Those are the days it's the hardest!

David said...

lisa always beats me to these comment boxes lol

i love david mccullough too! i have his "John Adams" and "1776"

I Love limbaugh and hannity and beck. Do you ever listen to Michael Savage? Depending on the day, he might be my favorite.

exercise is like vegetables: not always enjoyable, but good for you.