Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick Trip to California

It was my kids "Fall Break" this past week and in a very "last minute" decision, we decided to go to California. Through Hotwire, we were able to find a scream of a deal at the Hyatt Resort in Irvine and off we went.

Of course, we had to eat the Crab Cooker. (Don't let my kids bored faces fool you, they LOVE this place--particularly their Clam Chowder.)
We spent every day there at the beach.


And, of course, we had to go and get "Balboa Bars" on the peninsula. This time, my oldest asked if he could get a snow cone instead. We said sure, not knowing that it was going to be large enough to feed a family of six. Look at that thing!
It was a fast, delightful trip.
Now, back to piano practicing, reading, scouts, activity days, dance, golf, etc.

7 comments:

Gabriela said...

How fun. I think it's so important to get away from "real" life every now and then.

And, I've had really good luck with Hotwire too.

Alissa said...

I love the last picture. You look fantastic.

Jane Anne said...

Did your packages come? I checked a couple of days and then looked out the window the rest...hope everything was ok.

Carrie said...

Fun! With the weather changing for the worse I think the sun and the beach sounds great.

ash said...

This looks like so much fun! Cheers to fall break!

jennie said...

Looks great. I'd love to see you one of these times you come down!

David said...

you were here and i didn't even know it? isn't california great?