Friday, October 23, 2009

The Story of the Miata (also known as the MX 5)

Once upon a time, there was a young girl from Boulder, CO who fell in love with a dental student from Salt Lake City, UT. This boy loved cars and this girl didn't know or even care much about them. Whenever they were in the car together, dental student would point out cars and say their names, cost, and what made them special. Young girl would smile and nod because she was in love but she didn't get it. However, one car would grab her attention and she would say, "Hey, I like that one."
Dental student would roll his eyes and say, "That is a Miata. That is a neat car, one of best cars to come out in the early 90s but there so many other amazing ones out there now." Dental student and young girl got married, moved back to Utah, bought two different houses, two different dental practices, and had four kids. During all that time, every time she would see a Miata, she would say, "Dentist husband, what kind of car is that?" It was always a Miata. It became a joke between the two of them. He would say, "There could be a $100,000.00 dollar car next to a Miata and you would always point out the Miata."
Dentist husband surprised his wife, Janice, with a new retractable hard-top Miata. He called it her "Book Club" car since it has no practical value and can only hold two people. But, this Miata says to her how much he loves her and how much he appreciates having been with her for 14 years. She got teary, they laughed and hugged each other and went for ride, just the two of them.

The End.

12 comments:

Alissa said...

Wow. Hot stuff. Can't wait to see you cruising around the neighborhood.

Alissa said...

(Notice, no "!" on your account, even though I felt it might deserve one.)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Sweet! (And yes, an exclamation point!)

noelle said...

Awesome! What a great husband!!!

Kari said...

Hi, I just came over from Living the Vida Loca blog--this would be my story with a Mustang! Husband says "poor quality, piece of garbage," and I say, "wow, I like that one!" Happy driving days ahead for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm insanely jealous. Only my dream car is a Mazda 6. Insanely jealous. Maybe I'll forward this post to my husband.

Sigh.

I'll try to be happy for y ou.

Kari said...

Hi again, Janice--
I met Gabriela in Mexico City, we were both expats, overlapping that year. I also lived in CO...went to High School in Arvada, then 15 yrs later lived in Longmont w/my own family, early 2000's, for 2.5 yrs. So you went to high school w/Gabriela? (Hmmm...maybe some stories there? :) )

David said...

what a nice surprise!

Kari said...

Isn't that funny, Janice! John Morehead's older sister Amy is one of my best friends, we graduated together and still keep in contact. I think John took over his dad's dental practice? Or they're doing it together or something. Their parents served a mission in China...not many people can say they've ACTUALLY been to Outer Mongolia. Anyway it seems to be a small world in the church.

Michelle said...

That is soooo amazing. What a guy! That is a story you will never tire of telling. Sorry I couldn't resist the !

jennie said...

OK...that is so sweet!!!!

Skyler said...

what a great husband. you deserve it.