Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Harry Potter Confusion


I am going through some major Harry Potter confusion these days. Here is why:

1. While driving to Colorado from Utah, we listened to the 2nd Harry Potter book on CD. My kids (the oldest being 8) are not quite at "reading it by themselves" age but love to listen to the books. We finished number 1 just before our trip and got about 1/2 way through the 2nd one on our drive there and back.

2. In preparation for the seventh book to come out, I have been listening, while doing housework to the 6th book on tape. Again, I am about 1/2 through through that one. I hoped to finish listening to it before the last book came out, but no such luck.

3. While in Colorado, everyone at the reunion were taking turns reading the four copies of the 7th book that we had at my parent's house. So, at down moments, when a book was available, I started reading that one. I should let everyone know that as usual, I read the last chapter first (I do this with most books I read) and so I know that everything is wrapped up nicely and I am now eager to see how it all unfolds.

So currently, I am reading/listening to three different Harry Potter books. When we got in the car to do a ton of errands today and Harry Potter came on, it took me about 5 minutes of listening to figure out what book I was listening to and what was going on. I am idiot.

I'm including a great picture of my 47 year old brother. Doesn't he look great! He is only 5'5" and those stilts are twice as tall as him.

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

He should get down before he falls down... just kidding. :)

That's a lot of Harry Potter Janice!

Gabriela said...

I can't believe you read the last chapter of book 7!

I just finished it. Loved it! :)