Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sometimes I Live Vicariously Through Others. . .


I don't know how I didn't watch this show in past seasons but I am currently addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance." I honestly get giddy with excitement when Wednesday night comes around. I am not a good dancer and only took a few dance lessons when I was child, but I feel like I am living vicariously through these amazing dancers when I watch the show. I am a huge fan of Chelsea and Mark and LOVE to watch them dance. My kids watch it with me and it is so CUTE to see them dance to the music. The other night, Dentist husband came in from work as the show was on. Toothsome #2 said to him, "Will you be my dance partner?" He said yes and picked her up and they danced around our family room. It was one of those singular moments as a parent to watch your little girl dance with her dad--a memory to never be forgotten. (Ok, I am getting sappy, sorry.)


On to other things, I finished reading, "Savvy" and "Someday my Prince Will Come" this weekend. I LOVED Savvy but did not like "Someday My Prince Will Come". (Sorry Tiffany) By the end, I was just plain annoyed by the author and her anti-American, obsessive quest to meet royalty. I know the book was supposed to light-hearted but it just BUGGED me. Savvy is a pre-teen book and a delightful, fast read.


Well, today is tennis, swim, Jamba Juice break, visit a friend who just had a baby, soccer tournament game, airport pick up, eat out dinner day. Oh, and maybe try to put away some laundry and wipe down some counters on top of it.

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Don't be sorry, I felt exactly the same way. I just thought that being from Boulder area.. you had to read about the Hippie parents. Crazy huh!?!

Did you notice on my blog awhile back that I posted a photo of Princess Beatrice in a butterfly had... Yep, that was HER princes' wedding... to an American I think? Another thing that bugged me was the idea that.. I'm titled.. so I won't learn anything. I hope that isn't true of most. It's good to be an American where those class lines have blurred some.

Jan said...

Have fun today. That is alot on your plate. The tent is so cute. How fun.. We are going to get a tent right now. Can't wait.

Melinda said...

We *love* So You Think You Can Dance around here, too. My husband really enjoys watching it with my daughter.