Friday, May 22, 2009

Dang Good Hummus

This is an awful picture, I don't know what happened, but anyway, this is my favorite hummus recipe.  I make it weekly in the summer and everyone loves it.  Notice it has no garlic in it because I am married to a dentist who doesn't want his patients to smell garlic breath on him, so I can't cook with garlic or onions except on the weekends.  
Dang Good Hummus
2 cans (15.5 oz) cans garbanzo beans (S&W are best)
1/3 cup garbanzo juice (drain the rest)
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil 
1-2 tsp sesame seeds 
11/2 tsp salt 
1-2 tsp cumin 

To be mixed in:
3-4 roma tomatoes – chopped
1 jar artichoke hearts – chopped
1 can (2.25 oz) chopped olives

1. Blend garbanzo beans, garbanzo juice, lemon juice, olive oil, sesame seeds, salt, cumin, and garlic together in a blender until smooth – don’t over blend.
2. Transfer hummus to a bowl and mix in tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives.
3. Serve with toasted pita (triangles for a party) or corn chips.

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

ummm, my mouth is totally watering. That sounds so good. I'm going to try it. SOON. (but I think I'll add some garlic-I have no issues with having bad breath :) )

Tess said...

I just like the name of this recipe. Anything called "dang good..." is worth trying :)

Anonymous said...

I have never made Hummus. maybe I'll have to try.

Lisa Christine said...

I should pass this recipe on to my mom....she LOVES hummus!