Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dentist husband surprised me


18 red roses arrived at my house with the following note:

Nice job on the publication Home Slice.  You should be very proud except pride is a sin and you write for a church magazine now.  Ah, what the heck, have some pride.  You're a great mom and Happy Mother's Day. 

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Extra punctuation added for your reading pleasure.)

Dentist husband
(Dentist of Light)

Yes, he calls me Home Slice sometimes and he knows how much I can't stand the excessive use of the exclamation point.  Also, ever since we heard Thomas Kinkade declared himself the "Painter of Light", Dentist husband and I joke that he is the Dentist of Light.  

Needless to say, it was a fun surprise.  I love this man.  

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! Too sweet. You got a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Carrie said...

That is a good husband!

love.boxes said...

funny!

Queen Elizabeth said...

LOVE the "Dentist of Light". That is hilarious! (Maybe he can sell his services in Parade magazines and the back of the Sunday coupons.)

Congrats on the article!