Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Do Better

I have been thinking about my New Year's resolutions this past week. I am not one to sit down and write a new list every year because I am always working on the same things. This is not a bad thing because the list is full of good things that I should be doing--like exercise regularly.

So today, as I am picking up toys from the floor, the thought entered my head--do better. That is doable. I don't have to master any of the things on my list, just do them better. I can do better at reading the Book of Mormon. I can do better at making meal time a great family time. I can do better at giving Handsome Dentist Husband the attention he deserves from his wife. I can do better at being patient with my children. I can "Do better" because doing better is not creating a list of things to do, just improving on what I am already doing. And, if I add anything to the list, the fact that I added it is doing better.

Do better--I can do that.