Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm an Idiot

Last year, I donated money to "Daffodil Days" to support the American Cancer Society. It was kind of a pain to pick up the flowers, but I felt good about the cause and it was fun to have the daffodils in my house.

This year, I got a call from them asking if I wanted to donate again, and I said yes. I was really busy at the time and quickly wrote down where I was supposed to pick up the flowers and on what date.

So, I wrote down on my calendar on February 19th, "Pick up flowers". Well, since I was dealing with a sick child yesterday, I forgot to pick up the flowers. I called the Draper Smiths this morning and asked if I could still pick up my flowers. The man didn't know what I was talking about. I went again to the Daffodil Days web-site to double check the location and called them back. The man spent about 20 minutes looking for my order and said that he hadn't even heard of Daffodil days. I was trying to be polite but I donated my $40 and wanted my 2 dozen flowers. I kept on saying, "Are you sure there wasn't a huge order of Daffodils brought in yesterday?" "The web-site says I can pick them up on the 19th or the 20th." "This is really weird. Maybe they would be in some other department?" He was very polite and said that he would check with his flower department manager, he was sorry if there was any confusion, etc.

Well, found the original note I had scribbled the information on while cleaning up this afternoon and discovered that the pick up isn't until March 19th! So, to nice man in the floral department at Smiths, I am so sorry and I will see you in March. Opps.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

:). Sounds like something I would do.