Monday, March 5, 2007

In-Door Soccer

We are down to the final two weeks of in-door soccer. Hooray!

I HATE in-door soccer for the following reasons:
1. Practices are on Monday nights, at a junior high school about 15 minutes away and last an hour and 1/2. They start at 5:30 pm, which is normally before my husband comes home, so I take all four kids to the practice. We are all starving once the practice gets out and that usually means fast food dinner.
2. Games are on Wednesday nights; which is the same night as Young Mens; which means my husband can never go to the games; which means I take and manage all four children to the games every week by myself.
3. The games are played in an in-door gym with very slippery floors. Kids are sliding all over the place, crashing into each other and I am sure one of these games, some child is going to be rushed to the hospital because of a head injury.

So, why do I do it? Only because I love my first child and he LOVES soccer and begged to play this winter. It is also good physical activity for him. However, next year, I am going to try and talk him into in-door tennis. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

Yeah...tennis sounds better.

When I was a nanny, I used to drag 3, sometimes all 4, to this disgusting, humid indoor pool for hour long swimming lessons. I had to change the kids into their suits, watch 2 while 1 swam, then watch 2 while the next one swam. Then had to shower and dress them again. It was a nightmare. Every Monday and Wednesday. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

My Megan just finished up with indoor soccer, and I found that I enjoyed it much more than the regular soccer season. Reasons? No practice. They just had a game every week or so, usually on a Friday or Saturday, and one of us would go. Unfortunately, her coach just emailed and said they are going to start up regular outdoor practices this week. That's two practices a week, with one or two games a week when the games start up. Ugh.