Saturday, June 16, 2007

100 degrees and I am planting

There is a spot on the East side of my house that has been bugging me. There is no flower bed there and I have been wanting to plant something to cover up the long expanse of stucco that is visible from the street. I finally decided on a Sensation Lilac bush. It has been on my "to do" list for over a month but other things have take priority and I just haven't gotten to it.
Well, today was "the day" regardless of the weather, so I am outside, digging up sod, digging a hole and then planting this lilac bush in 100 degree heat. Add to it that I am wearing long sleeves and long pants and a huge hat--it was a little ridiculous. Then toothsome #4 started to cry, so I had to stop digging up the rest of the bed. I will have to get that done on Monday, which will actually be a better day, since the temperatures are only supposed to be in the 80s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exhausting. I have some planting (and a lot of weeding )to do, but it will have to wait for cooler days--Monday!