Saturday, December 22, 2007

Melodee Bells



My friend Gabriela wrote about these bells about a month ago on her blog. When she was living in Mexico, a friend of hers introduced them to her. I liked the idea so much, I ordered a box for our family. Here is how it works: They are plastic colored bells. Each bell is a different color and is labeled by a number as well as the actual note. The bells come with a music book that has the numbers under each note. I took the book to my local copy center and had each page enlarged to poster size. I then circled each note with the corresponding matching bell color. I then posted all of these up in my living room, handed out the bells to each family member (everyone got two) and then the fun began! Because they are color coded, even my three year old could do it. I stood by each song, and pointed at the notes with a chopstick, and we were able to sing along with each song as well as play.
Ever since I brought these out, the kids insist on doing them every night before bed time. Gabriela actually ordered four boxes and invites friends over to do it. If I am ever called to be Primary chorister again, I will get three more boxes. Can you imagine the fun the kids in Primary would have with these?

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

Glad you are enjoying them! After you said you had ordered them I started to get worried, thinking maybe the bells weren't as cool as I thought. Let me know if you want my numbers for Christmas songs (not that you can't figure it out on your own). I have Jingle Bells, The First Noel, both versions of Away in a Manger, Deck the Halls, and We wish you a Merry Christmas.

Janice said...

Gabriela: I would love your Christmas ones.

Michelle said...

I have a great visual image of that party! How fun!Hope you have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!

love.boxes said...

How fun! Merry Christmas Janice!