Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


We woke up to a TON of snow. School has been delayed by two hours and we have been busy clearing out the piles of snow from this storm. This is been the BEST winter for snow. I honestly squeel with delight when I see the snow falling again.

Every year, I try to leave out a small gift for my kids. This year, I purchased them these. They came recommended by a blog I have recently started reading. Liz was recommended to me by a friend who thought I would enjoy her blog and I really have. It is great read and she and I think alike. I understand why Tiffany recommended her. And, in a small world connection thing, Liz married a boy that was in one of my BYU wards. Hi Brad.
So, on the the kitchen counter, where my kid's breakfast bowls usually sit, I had the Squiggles book waiting for them. This book is above and beyond any coloring book I have ever seen and it really encourages creative thinking because pictures are started and then the kids finish them. (Did any of you play that game in Sacrament meeting growing up? It got me through MANY long meetings.) I was so glad to have discovered it. So, thank you Liz. My kids were thrilled to find them at their places this morning.
So, tonight, since I love to eat out, we are taking the kids to our family favorite, Barbacoa. We call it "the magical place" in our family. We all love it, it is relatively healthy, reasonably priced and as I have said many times before, have the best Diet Coke in the valley. (One of the best parts is they have serve yourself fresh limes so you can have the perfect Diet Coke with fresh lime mix.) So, that is our day. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Yea! You'll have to let me know how the kids like them! Enjoy your Diet Coke!!! (Have a sip for me - I have sworn off all soda but can just TASTE that when you describe it - yum!!!)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Michelle said...

Don't you love how small the blog world can be, especially the lds blog world. Tif and I both went to high school with Liz. So glad to have found her again. And cool books!

love.boxes said...

I just knew that you would like Liz!

That place does have the best Diet coke and the best guacamole, and the best steak burritos but the one in bountiful has the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat it in my life.. what's up with that?

I finished Hard Times.. can't thank you enough for the recommendation. I just loved it!!!

Mumsy said...

Okay, another restaurant to put on my list for when we move back. I had to google it really fast and check out their menu.

I think I'll get one of those coloring books for Lilly.

Janice said...

Tiffany: The chairs really are awful aren't they?