Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend "Away"

This past Thursday, Dentist husband and I both realized that he had Monday off. He rarely doesn't work and I always forget that he takes President's Day off. So, Thursday night, we decided that we should "go away" somewhere. We already had plans with family and friends until Saturday night, so our options were limited. After looking up various places on-line, we decided that our weekend "away" would be a hotel about 20 minutes from our house--the Hampton Inn at Thanksgiving Pointe. Yes, Paige, we were 10 minutes from your house. It was brand new, had a nice in-door swimming pool and was close to several places that our kids like to go. So, Saturday evening, off we went.
As a surprise to me, Dentist husband purchased for me this WONDERFUL Arc'terytx jacket. I love the Arc'terytx stuff but it is very pricey. He promised me he found this on clearance and I LOVE it. It fits like a glove.
Here we are at the hotel getting ready to go swimming.
The kids at the local Dinosaur museum. That is the Utahraptor behind them.
The sand pit area at the Dinosaur Museum.
The kids in their 3-D glasses getting ready to watch "Dinosaur's Alive". I didn't get pictures of the kids at the Cabella's laser shooting range, at the movie theatre watching, "National Treasure 2" , the various places we ate out or the monthly family dinner we went to since we were so close. It was a PERFECT get away. We knew how to get everywhere, it was close enough we could run home and feed the fish and someone else made the beds, cleaned up after us and cooked. So fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

love.boxes said...

I love a mini vacation! That sounds really fun!!!

di said...

yay! we actually drove by your hotel on sunday and waved. so glad that you had such a fun time--much deserved!

Mumsy said...

That is awesome! That's exactly what I always wanted my parents to do with us when I was a kid.

Jane Anne said...

Janice, next time we'll feed the fish!!

ash said...

This post reminds me of when I was little and we'd visit Embassy Suites downtown. What a fun weekend!

Michelle said...

Sounds so fun and I miss that dinasaur museum, my kids could play all day at the sand pit! And you look so cute!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Staying in hotels is the BEST! They could be next door and it'd still be a treat! You look great in the jacket... I could never fit into that ;)

jo said...

I'm really glad you guess could still stop by for the family dinner. Family dinner just isn't the same without you guys there to share in the conversation.

sara said...

i love love LOVE thanksgiving point. well, honestly, the only stuff we did there was the dinosaur things. but my kids played for hours in the sand pit and the one with water and sand. erosion table? anyway, it was awesome. i wish we lived close by. i'd go all the time.