Friday, February 15, 2008

Magic Drawers



My husband has magic drawers. I am not sure if most of you have husbands with magic drawers or not but here is how it works. My husband goes to his drawers every day to remove underwear, socks, shirts, pants, etc. And, it seems that no matter how often he takes things out, there is most always what he needs in there when he wants them.
However, recently, my husband has been complaining about not being able to find his black socks in his drawer. After thinking about it, I asked him, "Have you been putting your socks in the dirty clothes?" This is an important question, because the magic drawers don't fill up without things passing through the "magic dirty clothes pile." He looks at me and says, "Well, no, I leave them against the wall in the Great Room and they magically make it into my black sock drawer." Oh, there is the problem.
So, either he needs to start putting things in the dirty clothes pile or I need to do it for him. Since, I have a "magic checking account" that seems to always have money in it, no matter how much I take out of it, I think I will graciously check the wall in the Great Room regularly. Ok, maybe not so graciously.

8 comments:

Gabriela said...

:)

Guapo has some serious sock issues-he can never have enough.

Thanks for the recommendation from the previous post-I almost got those for my kids for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if they would be cool enough. Buying some next week!

Anonymous said...

I think my family all believes that the laundry fairy comes and picks up their dirty stuff and returns it clean, as well.

ash said...

I've got a solution, tell him to wear sandals to work...okay, maybe not a good idea. You're nice to be the magic behind the drawers.

Mumsy said...

LOL

We have some magic drawers, too. And a magic fairy who cleans the house and makes dinner (sometimes).

Great idea about having a black sock drawer.

love.boxes said...

Ha! Funny.. :) I kind of like being the laundry fairy.. but as soon as I can hire out the bathrooms I'm going to. :)

di said...

isn't it interesting how they all seem to think that the laundry just magically gets clean???
my husband never seems to have enough black socks. i don't get it!

jo said...

ha!

I've heard Snome has magical drawers.

Michelle said...

My hubby thinks we have the magic dishwasher, and drawers come to think of it!