Friday, February 22, 2008

Piano is Finally Here!

After almost two months of waiting, the piano is finally here! (For those of you who are wondering, it is a Yamaha U-1 mahogany). The day it came, I walked into the room where we put it and found toothsome #4 playing it. She had climbed up on the bench herself and was going at it. I had forgotten how much I love to sit down and play. I am not good (I can barely get through most hymns) but I love having piano music back in my house. I have started giving lessons to my two older kids and so far, they are loving it--even fighting over who gets to practice first. I am sure the novelty will wear off, but right now it is nice to have them eager to learn how to play. I now need to rearrange the furniture in the in the front room (that drop leaf table in the back needs to be moved to another spot) and then I will really start feeling like that room is complete.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats! What a great arrival! Looks like they all want to be musical!

di said...

beautiful! my boys--especially 'M" love to play our piano. at the shower a few nights ago he played (very softly i must add) for the ladies. it was really sweet!
enjoy!

Marie said...

Hi Janice! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog...it actually made me feel a lot better :) I'm glad your kids are playing piano!! To this day I am still so thankful my mom made me practice. Being able to play piano has been the best thing in my life in so many ways.

Mumsy said...

It's gorgeous!

Cassy said...

Wow, that makes me wish I had actually practiced when I was younger...