Wednesday, May 9, 2007

End of School

May is always a hard month for my kids. They are so ready for summer to begin and school to be over. My kids love school but the last month is hard for them. My oldest, who has loved hot lunch all year, announced to me that he was done eating hot lunch. He is sick of it and I don't blame him. My last month eating at The Morris Center at BYU about killed me. The warm days and day-light savings nights make it so hard to force my kids to bed at a decent time and so I seem to always be dealing with tired kids. I am also ready to not have to have people ready and out the door by 8:30 and just be able to have slower mornings. I had no idea that as a parent, I would be counting down the days until school got out as much as my kids. I'm starting to look forward to swimming lessons and backyard barbecues.

No comments: