Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Favorite Recipe--Guacamole

About 3 years ago, my husband and I went on a cruise with his whole family. It was a less than ideal trip for the family, starting out with everyone missing the boat because of bad weather in SLC and for three days, trying to catch up with the boat in Cozumel, Mexico. Anyway, one good thing that came out of the trip was eating the guacamole in a funky hotel in Cozumel. My husband and I loved it and when we came home, we tried to recreate it. Here is what has become my family's favorite guacamole recipe.

3 avocados--mashed
1 large bunch of cilantro--diced
juice from 2 limes
salt and pepper to taste

Yes, it is very simple and that is why it is so good. Sometimes, I add just a little onion but because my husband is a dentist and doesn't want to have his patients smell his onion breath, I rarely cook with onions unless it is on the weekends. Enjoy!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Thank you, thank you .. Thank you!!! I really wanted this. :)

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm, Guacamole.

english said...

awesome. this is exactly how I like my guacamole too. who ever invited the sour cream? not me.
sometimes a little chile powder is nice too.