Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Favorite Recipes--Fresh Summer Salsas

I am sure most of you have had these or a variation of these but now that summer is in full swing, I make both of these often. My children LOVE them (which I know is not normal. My kids are exceptionally good eaters, which I know makes me very lucky.) Anyway, if you are looking for a good summer side dish, these are both winners.


4 fresh tomatoes--cubed
3 avocados--cubed
1 bunch cilantro--cut into pieces
1 can corn-drained
1 can black beans--drained
1 can black eyed peas--drained

Pour over the top Good Seasons Italian dressing (I only use about 1/2)

Serve with corn chips, pita or just eat plain.

4 avocados--cubed
4 tomatoes--cubed
1 package crumbled feta cheese
Juice from 2 fresh limes
If you have it, cilantro is good too.

Again, serve with corn chips, pita or plain.

Also, is anyone else as into "So You Think You Can Dance" as I am? I don't know why I didn't watch this more in the past, as I am a reality TV junkie. For some reason, this season has me captivated. Looks like we will be eating salsa and watching it tonight.

2 comments:

ash said...

I, too, really get into SYTYCD. Unfortunately, it is not available here in Europe, but I am glad to hear it's a good season this time around. Glad that tomatoes are back on the menu!

love.boxes said...

Great recipes. I will have to try them! :)