Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Weekend but Now Back to Real Life

Well, I had another great day at Cub Country with the boys on Saturday. I think the 2nd day was better organized and a nicer camp, so I enjoyed it even more. My one complaint would be that since this is a Scout camp, ALL of the activities should help the boys pass off something in their books. They did pass off a lot of great stuff but they could have incorporated more from the books.



Going backwards, we had a WONDERFUL dinner at Costa Vida with our friends. We are so lucky to have great friends like that and we stayed up way too late talking to them but it was so worth it. Once we got home, Dentist husband and I stayed up even later and watched, "The Great Debaters". Maybe because I went in with really high expectations but this movie felt "flat" to me. I liked it but I didn't love it.



On Saturday night, we watched, "We Are Marshall" and I LOVED that movie. I am a big football fan so I am sure that helped but it was just a great story put together really well. I know I am not the first to say this but it is a "Football Hoosiers".



So, today it is back to reality. Laundry, a kitchen to clean and then my kids start swimming lessons today. Oh, and I take back my liking of the book, "By a Lady" I mentioned in a previous post. I actually lost interest, skimmed the middle and then read the last few pages. And for you Mormon conservative girls out there, there was one very graphic sex scene that was SO unnecessary. The book had so much potential but lost me and made it so I can't recommend it.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Real life for sure. Mention laundry, and that is a reality check.

Loved we are Marshall too. So inspiring I thought. I am still going to watch The Great Debaters.

Hope you accomplish everything on your to do list today Janice. Then you can just enjoy the rest of the week. Glad you had a good weekend.

jo said...

friends are great, it's true.

Lisa Christine said...

Laundry is on my list today too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to make new blogging friends.