Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Reads and Why I haven't been blogging much

After getting about five invites from friends to join Good Reads, I have done so. Who knows how much I will use it or refer to it, but I am now a member. Just thought everyone should know. (I don't know how to add Good Reads to the side bar.)

My mom and dad are in town and so that is why I haven't been blogging much. Dentist husband has been doing a lot of dentistry on my dad. And in honor of Father's Day a few days ago--both are great men. I love them both and wouldn't want any other father or husband. (Although, I did inform my husband that under the right circumstances, I would leave him for James Marsden. He is allowed to leave me for some Hollywood actress too but he hasn't given me a specific name.)

Other things:

1. My cell phone has quit working. Thankfully, dentist husband is taking care of that one for me. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will have it back. I didn't realize how much I use it until it quit working.

2. Soccer practices have started again for toothsome #1. Two nights a week, all summer long for 1.5 hours.

3. I am in the middle of reading, "By a Lady" Amanda Eylot. I am loving it and thought I wouldn't. I'll let everyone know what I think later when I finish it. I have about 10 other books on stand by, waiting to be read.

4. The Chicken Noodle soup at Kneeders is really good.

5. Wendy's has now put tomatoes back on their hamburgers (Alleluia!) but Barbacoa still isn't serving their fresh tomato salsa (so sad, I am having Barbacoa withdrawals.)

6. I learned after my mom swept out our garage that I need to clean out my garage more often. (Note the embarrassed cringe here). However, the guest room and guest bathroom looked great when they arrived.

7. Friday and Saturday I will be surrounded by Scout craziness at Cub Country. Thank goodness the boys pass of a lot of things or I might just run screaming down the Canyon. I think Cub Scouts is great but all the extra crap (yes I am referring to Round Table), I don't like. And, from past experience, I have learned you meet CRAZY fanatic scouting people at Cub Country.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Hey Janice, you do what you can and can what you eat. I just made that up as I am typing and you can officially declare me crazy. Oh I already did.

Have a great time with all those fun things and all the good reads.

Marlies said...

I can not believe how quickly you get through books! Unbelievable! But I got a clue as to how you do it the other day when I saw you in the drivers seat in front of the mailbox reading a book while Nye got the mail. Every second counts!!

I am laughing about the Cub Country and visualizing you screaming down Millcreek Canyon. Have fun!

Jane Anne said...

Oops! I didn't realize I was on Marlies' account...

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Elizabeth said...

You can have James Marsden if I don't get to him first!!! Aren't his cheekbones DIVINE!? (And I just pretend that I love "Enchanted" so I can watch it more with my kids!!!)

Good luck with the tomatoes.

ash said...

What's this about tomatoes? What a shame. Hope they come back soon. And have fun with your visiting parents and cub scouts.

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's a barbacoa opening up soon about a mile from my house! I'm excited. Is it like Cafe Rio type, or an actual restaurant?

love.boxes said...

You are having a busy summer and yet keeping up on your reading.. one of the things I admire about you most! :)