Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crap!


I just realized that Thursday is the day that my brother and three of his kids come into town to come skiing. I have known about them coming for quite sometime but all of the sudden the time is here. I am currently looking around my house and realizing that the chaos that is currently here is fine if you live here (and contribute to) on a daily basis is not so good when out of state family is coming to visit. And, how did it get this bad in the first place? Aren't I constantly (but obviously not very efficiently) cleaning? Really if it wasn't from my Roomba, I think I would burst into tears. I would call a service to come and clean but first I have to shovel out all of the mess first and I don't think I have time to do that and arrange a cleaning service to come. Crap! Crap! Crap! Would it be rude to make them wear blind folds for the first say 5 hours of their visit and when they got back from skiing everything could be done? Oh and it doesn't help that I just started my period after two years. Yes, two years.

6 comments:

love.boxes said...

That looks like a fort in progress. I'm sure your brother's kids would like to play in the fort too! (Just kidding.. I know you have to clean it all up.) Good luck

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I totally understand.

Gabriela said...

:) I'd send my maid up, but turns out she's not such a great cleaner. My house is probably messier than yours.

I'm sure you'll get it under control! Good luck.

di said...

i think blindfolds would be just fine! good luck!

Michelle said...

So, how clean is your sister-in-law? do you like her a lot? Just kidding, I like the blindfold idea and I think if your period has arrived after that long an absence you really ought to just go buy a large amount of chocolate and pretend you can't see any mess!

Anonymous said...

I have had a wide variety of cleaning service companies come through my home, most never really cleaning to my liking, it seems maybe i'm to strict or require to much? I dunno! anyways, good luck in your search - free up your time!! :)