Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Eight is Great

'i'm the king of eight and i'm here to state that everything here has to total eight.'



8 things I'm passionate about:

1. my husband and kids
2. reading
3. recording family history
4. Mint chocolate chip ice cream
5. Good teachers for my kids
6. being warm
7. eating out
8. creating fun memories for my family


8 things I want to do before I die:

1. Visit Sweden--my homeland
2. Submit a family name to the temple
3. Compete in a mini Triathlon
4. Make 7 dinners in a row for my family
5. Make a hand sewn quilt
6. Take my husband to Israel
7. Finish reading all of Charles Dickens works (I should be done with this goal this coming year)
8. Become a good tennis player.


8 books I have read recently:
1. A Pathway to the Seas--David McCullough
2. Austenland--Shannon Hale
3. Christmas romances all Christmas season (I loved Christmas Wishes by Debbie McCommer)
4. Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland
5. Twilight
6. New Moon
7. Three Weeks with My Brother (not a big fan of that one--I liked it but not very much)
8. The Wednesday Letters

8 things I often say:

1. Wow!
2. You little menace (said with great love to my one year old)
3. Awesome!
4. I'm cold.
5. Really? (After listening to another story from one of my kids)
6. Let's go out to dinner!
7. You are just going to have to deal with it. (Said about once an hour after one of my kids claim an injustice of some sort)
8. Thank you for providing such a great living for us. (Said to Dentist husband almost nightly)

8 things that attract me to friends:
1. Good company
2. Love of eating out
3. sense of humor
4. ability to engage in meaningful/real conversations about important things
5. knowing they can take my frank comments
6. Their children engage in similar activities as my children
7. Their values are the same as mine
8. They are nice to their kids.

8 songs and albums I could listen to over and over:
1. Fields of Gold--Sting
2. The Luckiest--Ben Folds
3. Best of Sting
4. Best of Fo Fighters (for those of you who know me, I know that is a weird one but I really like the Fo Fighters)
5. Any Jon Rutter music sung well
6. Anything toothsome #2 is singing
7. Pacobel's Cannon in G
8. Mermaid's Sound Track (Not, The Little Mermaid but Mermaids--a movie with Cher in it--Thank you roommate from my freshman year. )

8 things I learned this year:
1. Diet Coke is a wonderful drink and is OK to drink in LARGE quantities.
2. 10 years later, my husband and I can still talk each other's ears off until way into the night.
3. The importance of "being still" for several minutes a day.
4. Having two kids at the same school is twice as fun. I have learned so much from their joy of elementary school.
5. Daily, I can sneak in at least a mile of exercise.
6. Reading others blogs can make you feel connected to others going through similar things
7. Having a one year old at Christmas around Christmas decorations is REALLY hard.
8. Having a son in competitive soccer wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

8 things you Might not Know about me
1. While I can sing solos and always do when asked, I HATE doing it.
2. While I am a Utah transplant, I love living here and get furious when I hear other people saying unkind things about "living in Utah".
3. I am a huge Glen Beck fan--secretly hoping he and his wife will become my husband's and my best friends
4. I lived in Central America as a child.
5. I would rather read all day, than do pretty much anything else.
6. I HATE confrontation, but if I have to do it, I am willing to fight for myself, my husband and kids.
7. I have never pierced my ears
8. Because I have little kids that wake me, I haven't set an alarm in over 7 years.

If you are reading this, you are tagged.

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

I've never pierced my ears either. When I started making pieced earrings for my shop this year.. I thought about it, but ouch!

Nettie said...

I'm impressed you have read so much Dicken's! Did you like Austenland? I heard it was a disappointment compared to other books.