Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow!

My brother's family has come and gone. It was a great weekend for them to be here because we had PLENTY of snow.

Yesterday, they actually closed Little Cottonwood Canyon and Big Cottonwood Canyon required four wheel drive or chains to travel up it. Since they had neither, they ended up staying home during the day but were able to make it up the canyon that night for some great night skiing.


Meanwhile, my kids and niece and nephews had a great time out in the snow making forts and tunnels, etc. Oops! Not a great picture--I have others that turned out brighter. Oh well.


















And, now more than ever, I am grateful for this WONDERFUL Christmas gift from my mom and dad.
It really was a life saver as it constantly had gloves, hats and boots hanging off of it all weekend long. I have since moved it over a heating vent and it is amazing how much faster everything dries on it. I don't know how I lived without it.

Oh, my blender just died. That is now a total of three wedding gifts that have died in a week. I guess 10 years is the magic age for appliances to die.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That mitten tree looks awesome! I've been thinking lately that I need something like that.

love.boxes said...

that mitten thing is way cool. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I just killed my blender tonight, too.