Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Getting Stuff Done Even When It Was Not on My Original List

I have had a really productive day, even if I didn't accomplish anything on my original list. Let me explain:

I woke up this morning thinking I would finish folding my laundry, clean the bathrooms, visit teach, go to Costco (how i hate going to Costco) and if I was really organized, maybe make it to Eddie Bauer to buy some new jeans.

Instead, this is how my day went:

--As my husband is leaving for work, "Can you stop by the office sometime and get the supplies list? I really you need you to go TODAY as we are low on a lot of things."

--Toothsome #4 has several melt downs, making folding laundry not possible.

--I took toothsome #3 to pre-school, ran home, had toothsome #2 read to me. She really wanted to finish her book today, so what is normally a 15 minute activity, turned into a 35 minute activity.

--Load up the car, go visiting teaching.

--Take toothsome #2 to the bus stop, go to Dentist husband's office. Talk to Dentist husband's office manager for about 45 minutes, realize I don't have my check book for the Costco run. Go to my car and the "Change oil" comes on. I 10 minutes away from the Honda dealership, so I go straight there. I was told it would be a 1/2 hour. 45 minutes later, I ask what is going on. They forgot about me. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, we are finally out of the dealership.

--Call from Dentist husband, "Have you gone and gotten the supplies yet?" So, I decide to forget Costco and run into the local grocery store and get his supplies.

--Drive home, remember I still have two checks from soccer that have to be deposited at the bank and go there. Pull into my driveway and realize that I need to shovel the snow off of it. Do that.

--Walk into the house and discover toothsome #3 has mashed Goldfish crackers all over my kitchen counter into a fine mist. Spend the next 30 minutes, cleaning the kitchen.

--Make toothsome #1 practice spelling words. Pick up q-tip mess in main bathroom created by toothsome #4. Sit down in front of my computer, cruise Perez Hilton web site and then decide to blog about all of this.

So, off to Barbacoa for dinner (Dentist husband is taking toothsome #3 to Hot Dog on a Stick for their Adventure tonight.) I'll fold laundry tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I'm exhausted! I hate days like that, but I'm glad you got so much done!

Michelle said...

Well, hey at least you got other stuff done! And I am glad to hear it is not just my kids who sabatage things for me!

love.boxes said...

Wow! What a day! I'm glad you got a Barbacoa dinner after all that. :)